Wednesday, March 9, 2011

So Lucky

Spring Break is coming up for me (yay - I really, really need it!) next week, and I plan on doing absolutely nothing. In fact, I think it would be a good time to catch up on all the movies I wanted to see in theaters, but missed because of the nuisance of studying! Just in time for Spring Break, Redbox is offering a chance to get free movie credits during the Redbox Lucky To Have Friends Like You promotion. They give you your own unique web address so that each time someone uses your link to rent a movie, you get a free movie credit. Pretty sweet, right? 


Besides being lucky enough to score free movie rentals, I'm lucky in a lot of more serious ways. Even with all the crap that has gone on in my life over the past few years, I have so much to be grateful for! 


First and foremost, I am so, so lucky and grateful to have a living, breathing child. Even at the most frustrating times of motherhood, that fact is never lost on me. I'm lucky that I was able to stay on bed rest to keep him baking for the 3 weeks that made the difference between life and death for him. I'm lucky that he did so amazingly well in NICU, and I'm lucky to have met all the amazing medical professionals who helped us through that difficult time and inspired me to become a nurse.


Speaking of nursing, I am so lucky to be able to "start over" and go back to school. If my mom hadn't stepped in and offered E and I a place to live, I might be stuck working for minimum wage and barely making ends meet forever. Literally, forever. Not everyone has the opportunity to get a college education and I'm so appreciative of this chance. 


I'm lucky to have all my friends! Even with the craziness that is my life, I am so happy to be able to stay connected through blogs, emails, Twitter and texts. It has saved my sanity more than once. At some point in my life I hope to get to be a little more social "in real life," but for now I'm grateful for the technology that can connect me to friends and family when I don't have the time or the means to get together in person. 


And now that spring has (almost) sprung, I'm feeling lucky for the beautiful and safe area I live in. It's so great to be able to take E outside without worrying too much. He loves to play outside and the weather recently has been so gorgeous! 


I don't pause often enough to count up the things in my life that are lucky. I complain too often and I want to change that! In what ways are you lucky this St. Patrick's Day? 


I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and redbox blogging program, for a $25 Walmart gift card from redbox. For more information on how you can participate, click here.





2 comments:

  1. Your post is inspiring as I'm contemplating my own pre-term labor risks

    1 - I'm lucky that although PCOS has rendered my ovaries defunct, we were able to harvest eggs
    2 - I'm lucky my IVF worked on the second try
    3 - I'm lucky to get an incompetent cervix diagnosis without having to go through the ideal 3 2nd trimester losses
    4 - I'm lucky to have a husband who's stood by me through our baby battle
    5 - I'm lucky to be able to feel this baby inside of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post!
    Sounds like we have a lot in common mommy-wise: Angel mommy to miscarriage 9 wks and baby boy Andrew 28 wks, mother to preemie baby Naomie 35 wks she was born weighing only 5 lbs and was lucky to only have to sit under lights for jaundice (she is now 13 years old!) as well as having two full term children (almost 16 and 10 years old).

    ReplyDelete