Sunday, January 3, 2010

No More 0-3

I put away all of E's 0-3 month size clothes today. I've been in denial, still squeezing him into them. He weighs 14 lbs. LOL. He's still short enough for them, so I could get away with it. The other day I found a really really cute sleeper that a friend sent me that was 3-6 months, and I put him in it thinking it would drown him. It fit perfectly.

So today, all the 0-3's went back into a box, and the 3-6's went into the drawers. I was completely unprepared for how emotional that was going to be for me. These were the clothes that I washed and put away while I was pregnant. The clothes I got ready for the little boy in my belly, while I still naively had so many hopes and dreams. I hoped that I would carry to term. I dreamed of having a family.. a mommy, a daddy, and a baby. If I had known what my life would be like by the time I put those clothes away.. I just wouldn't have believed it. I never ever thought I'd be storing them away in my mom's garage, for heaven's sake. Lol. I never thought that my son would grow up without his daddy, that his daddy would be playing house with some other family while we're alone.

I'm so glad I didn't know that then. Because when I was washing and hanging those clothes, I was happy.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome milestone! I cant wait to pack away 0-3 clothes, 6.5 months and still in them LOL. He does fit the 3-6 ok too.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete