Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Pink Puffy Heart: Thrift Store Shopping

I pink puffy heart....

Thrift store shopping.

This is a big deal. A huge deal! Seriously, before very recently, I'd never shopped in one before in my life. I know for all you frugalistas out there, that is completely unthinkable. But it's seriously, for reals, true.

I never really needed to is the thing. There were times when I was married, and when I was living on my own before I was married, that I probably should have, but I didn't have to. So I would walk in, look around, see only the hideous sweaters and things, and bolt for the door. I would pay a little extra for the convenience of not having to wade through a sea of fashion tragedy to find ONE cute steal.

I didn't ever get far enough in to realize that it's not just one cute steal. Well, okay, sometimes it IS just one. But most of the time, it's quite a few. And wading through the racks of clothes doesn't take long once you get the hang of it.

I've probably bought more clothes in the, what, 7 months ..?.. since I left M, than I did in the whole two years we were married. And I've definitely only spent a fraction of what I spent on clothes in those two years.

So yes. Thrift store shopping? Pink puffy heart. All the fun of shopping, none of the guilt.




1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! http://sahmommyblog.blogspot.com/
    sorry that you couldn't sign up for the giveaway if you could try it again, let me know if its still not working, if not just go the website http://www.invisibelt.com/ and scroll to the bottom and you can sign up there.. and please make sure to leave your email, I couldn't find your email to send you one... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete