It's so not as big of a deal as I thought it was going to be. It's like one more load of laundry a week, and it's fast laundry, not takes-hours-to-sort-and-fold laundry. That's it. That's the only thing that's different. I don't have more leaks than with disposables, I have considerably less trash, my house smells a lot better since the poop goes in the toilet and doesn't sit around in the trash can, and I don't ever have to worry about running out of diapers. I love it.
I'm still learning, though. I learned a very important lesson about cloth diapering the other morning.
E had slept in my bed, and was in only a t-shirt and diaper since he had spilled a cup of water from my bedside table on his pajamas and I was too lazy to find him another pair. So it's morning, and I'm all groggy but I can feel E moving around so I have to wake up. I look to my right, and there's his diaper. HIS DIAPER. Without him in it. As soon as I registered that, I heard a grunt. A GRUNT. I intuitively knew what was going to happen, and I jumped up and grabbed a cloth wipe from my stash. Just in time, I CAUGHT HIS POOP. WITH A WIPE. IN MY HAND. If it weren't for my superior reflexes, he would have pooped on my pillow. Oh. Em. Gee.
So the lesson is: don't put your toddler in velcro diapers without pants. EVER. From then on I've been using snaps at night with pants or a onesie on top. He's never managed to get snaps off, but I'm sure he'll learn in no time!
In case you've had some mishaps of your own, I'm giving away a $25 gift card to Diapers Etc.! They have revamped their web site and it's better than ever. The giveaway is being sponsored by Diapers Etc and EcoChic Parties. Yay!
- Follow my blog via Google Friend Connect and leave me a comment telling me about the funniest diaper mishaps you have had - cloth or disposable!
- "Like" Diapers Etc on Facebook
- Follow Diapers Etc on Twitter
- Follow @EcoChicParties on Twitter
- Follow me on Twitter!
- Visit Diapers Etc and tell me what you're dying to spend your $25 on!
- Enter other giveaways from the blog party - one entry for each other giveaway you enter! (Unfortunately, you can only win from one blog, though. Just FYI.)
- Tweet this giveaway: "Win a $25 gift card to @DiapersEtc! Join in on the @EcoChicParties fun with @HauteSingleMama! #clothdiapers http://bit.ly/i6bQzu Ends 2/28 "
Please leave one comment per entry completed. Have fun! This giveaway will end 2/28.
Open only to US residents 18 years or older. I was provided with a cloth diaper from Diapers Etc. No other compensation was received for this post. All opinions are honest and my own!